Javad Tizmaghz is a professional photographer and designer. While principally interested in documentary photography, his portfolio also includes food, fashion, product and event photography as well as commercial graphic and user-interface design.
Originally from Iran, he is interested in exploring and understanding a variety of social issues, most prominently those surrounding migration. In editorial work, he strives to balance reportage and fine art photography.
He is currently open for assignments in Malaysia and Singapore.
The Guardian (UK), The Global Post, the Human Rights Watch, Patek Magazine (Czech Republic), Esquire Magazine (Malaysia), Pusaka (Malaysia), My Nourishment Magazine (Malaysia – Chief Photographer and Art Consultant).
Panasonic Malaysia, BRDB, KLCC, Berjaya University, Malaysia Airlines, Malaysian Energy Department, Yoshinoya Malaysia, 9 Months Clothing Line, Kakiseni, Ninja Joe’s, Mezze Bistro, Huckleberry Bakery, Red Kettle Cafe
- Coordinator, Web & Graphic Design, Obscura Photography Festival (Penang, Malaysia) – 2013, 2015
- Coordinator, Web & Graphic Design, Monsoon Master Classes (Klang, Malaysia) – 2013, 2014
- Facilitator – Photography workshop, Australian International School (Serdang, Malaysia) – 2014
- “Discovering Your Photographic Identity”, Diana Lui, Obscura Photography Workshops (Malaysia) – 2014
- Documentary Photography, James Whitlow Delano, Foundry Photojournalism Workshops (Thailand) – 2012
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Honours) in User Interface Design, Multi-Media University, Malaysia – 2005-2010